domingo, 20 de marzo de 2011

around the world...

Have you ever been abroad? Where have you been? I have plenty of hobbies and travelling is one of it. I’ve been abroad several times but not in many, many places. I’ve been in Chile (Santiago de Chile), France (Paris, Carcassone, and so on), Italy (Florence, Rome, Siena, Pisa, Venice), Andorra, Dublin and Denmark.

Have you ever thought about taking a gap year? What would you like to do? If anybody had asked me this question some years before, I would have answered not. However, as time goes by I think about taking a gap year. First, I would save a little money working anywhere during some months. Then I would take a car and I would drive far from here, but without any direction, just drive. I just would bring some maps, money, a notebook, a tent, a rucksack, some clothes, plenty of books, some food and water in order not to waste much money during the trip. I would like to spend time on the mountains, swimming in the rivers, walking across the forests and valleys and looking at sunsets and sunrises. I would sleep in my car, but I also think that I would have to sleep in hostals or youth hostels sometimes. I would like to visit as much places as I could around Europe. I would work wherever I could to be able to continue my adventure because of the petrol (to pay it!). Maybe it sounds thoughtless and wild, but I don’t think so at all. I know people who spend all the summer travelling in this way. I would return home when my wallet want.

Could you live in another country for the rest of your life? I think I could, but it has to be a similar country as Spain because of the weather. I couldn’t live in Northern countries, for example. I would like to live in a country like Australia or Italy. Moreover, it’s an excellent way to open to new cultures and be more open-mind. However, I would miss a lot my family and friends and I would be travelling a lot just to see them every two or three months, so I don’t think I could live much far from home.


Do you prefer to travel alone or in group? Why? I prefer both options. I’ve never travelled alone yet, but I would like to. In this way you depends more on yourself and it’s an opportunity to rediscover yourself and see how much capacity you have. You look at the world with another eyes, I think. Moreover, you can travel on your own, without orders and other’s complains. On the other hand, I’ve travelled some times in group with friends and it’s an incredible adventure because you can share everything you see and feel with them. I think it’s more entertaining. In addition, they can help you if you ever need some help and it’s also a way to know much your friends (sometimes it’s an inconvenient!)

How much luggage do you usually carry? Imagine that you were going to (invent the name of a city). What would you carry? I’m not used to carry a lot of things. I prefer travelling with a rucksack than a suitcase because I feel more comfortable. If I went to Nepal and Tibet, for example, I would carry some clothes, some food and water, a little of money, books, a notebook and my camera, of course.

If you were going on a camping trip for a week, what 10 things would you bring? I would bring my camera, my MP3, a notebook, some money, plenty of biscuits and chips, a swimsuit, a tent, a sleepingbag, a pillow and antimosquitos.

What are the countries you would never visit? Why? There are very few places I would never visit. For example, Dubai, Arabic countries and Miami, because ther are countries which have been exploted to produce and sell products in a massive scale. What would I do if I went to Dubai or Miami? Just rest in the luxurious hotels and swim in the big beaches. What a pity. And I wouldn’t visit Arabic countries for its culture and I think it isn’t a safe place.

Would you like to take a cruise? Where to? With who? I wouldn’t like to take a cruise because you don’t visit anything! You just stay in the cruise watching the sea! I would get bored. I want to walk, visit interesting places, not just on or two or three, as you do in a cruise. Moreover, you only have a couple of hours to visit these places because you have to return to the ship. I think there’s no need to take a cruise. Do you know how much danger is it for the environment? Much more than a plane or a train do.

What do you prefer, a package tour or a tour you organize and book yourself? I prefer a tour I organize and book myselg because you are more free to do whatever you want. And it’s the meaning of travelling, for me: going on your own disovering new cultures, places and people by yourself.

My friends and I in a dublinese pub, three weeks ago in our trip to Dublin. One of my ever best trips!!!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario